Our Meter Installation and validation course is nationally accredited and offers candidates the skills and knowledge to become an irrigation meter installer and validator. This training course provides a hands-on learning experience and in-field assessment on candidates skill and knowledge in accordance with the Australian standard AS4747, when installing and validating non-urban water meters in rural environments.
- Extensive skills and knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- The ability to identify and apply procedures according to risks and impacts on environment
- A better understanding of site preparation, construction work and site restoration
- Experience with hands-on field assessment of meter installations and working near a utility service during construction
- A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to become responsible for installing and validating rural water meters. This course provides candidates with an incredible opportunity to gain a nationally recognised certificate.
Become a Certified Meter Installer and Validator
It is a requirement in most State/Territories that rural water meters must be installed and/or validated by a Certified Meter Installer and Validator (DQP)
A Certified Meter Installer and Validator is an industry professional who can install and validate rural water meters according to the Australian Standards and as laid out in the National Framework for Non-Urban Water Metering Policy Paper.
Units of Competency
- NWPIWS004 Install meters for rural water supplies
- NWPIWS006 Maintain meters for rural water supplies
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- NWPGEN018 Follow environmental and licensing procedures
- NWPNET019 Prepare and restore worksite
- NWPNET029 Locate, identify and protect utilities
How to study
Mode of Delivery
The Course will be delivered Face-to-Face.
Students will be certified on completion of the course (no post-course assessments).
Course Program & Duration
The Course is delivered over 3 full days Face-to-Face from 8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time).
This course must be completed within 3 months from enrolment.
21 - 23 June 2022
8:30am - 4:30pm (Local Time)
Students will be required to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at Certificate III level.
|| Company Member
|| Individual Member
Payment made by Individuals: In accordance with the 'Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015', the maximum amount of fees that may be collected in advance is $1,500. This means that if you enrol into a full fee-for-service qualification, you will need to pay by instalments. The first payment may be no more than $1,500 in accordance with the standards. This does not apply to companies or businesses who wish to pay the course fee upfront. Please contact IAL for further information on 07 3517 4000 or at [email protected].
Cancellation Refund Policy
Cancellations received more than ten days in advance of the commencement of the training course will be subject to a 10% administration fee of the course fee paid, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case no penalty will be applied
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 working days before commencement of the course may forfeit 50% of the course fee
- Cancellations within 5 working days of the commencement of the course may forfeit 100% of the course fee, unless the student is able to transfer to a future course, in which case a 10% penalty may apply
- By prior arrangement substitution of a student may be acceptable without incurring additional costs and must be approved by Irrigation Australia Training before commencement of the course
- Non-attendance without notice will result in the full course fee being charged
Eligible students can apply for Government funding to study the nationally accredited qualification. Please email our office on [email protected] to confirm eligibility.
How to Enrol
- Download and read the Terms and Conditions
- Click on the 'Register Now' button
- Complete the online enrolment form that you will receive after you register
- Ensure payment is made seven (7) days prior to course commencement
- Resources will be made available to download after the online enrolment form is completed
Note: If registrations have closed, please contact our office T. (07) 3517 4000 and speak to a member of our training team regarding enrolment under special consideration.